F10 – Notification of a Construction Project
Who must notify HSE
If the client is a:
- commercial client, then they must notify HSE
- domestic client – notification must be carried out by the:
- contractor (or principal contractor if there is more than one contractor)
- principal designer where there is a written agreement that they will carry out the client’s duties
The F10 notification must include the details included in schedule 1 of the regulations:
- The date of forwarding the notice.
- The address of the construction site or precise description of its location.
- The name of the local authority where the is located.
- A brief description of the project and the construction work that it entails.
- The following contact details of the client: name, address, telephone number and (if available) an email address.
- The following contact details of the principal designer: name, address, telephone number and (if available) an email address.
- The following contact details of the principal contractor: name, address, telephone number and (if available) an email address.
- The date planned for the start of the construction phase.
- The time allocated by the client under regulation 4(1) for the construction work.
- The planned duration of the construction phase.
- The estimated maximum number of people at work on the construction site.
- The planned number of contractors on the construction site.
- The name and address of any contractor already appointed.
- The name and address of any designer already appointed.
- A declaration signed by or on behalf of the client that the client is aware of the client duties under these Regulations.
Link to the F10 notification form will be found here: